Thursday, July 3, 2008

THE CHICKEN MAN



This past Sunday, June 29, I celebrated my 39th(with 25 years of experience)birthday.

Our family gathered at one of the best fried chicken restaurants in the Dallas area. A down home Texas style place called Babe's.

During the dinner and the fun the servers came to the table to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. They insisted that I join them but only if I would put a chicken hat on and flap my arms like they were chicken wings.

Being a reformed Canadian I thoroughly enjoy making a fool of myself. Carol, of course, had to preserve my performance for posterity by taking a picture.

My daughters then double dog dared me, their loving and kind father, to publish the photo on my blog. If they had simply dared me I would have figured out a way to say yes but have really meant no, (I've worked for evangelists for so long that that kind of double speak is easy to figure out) but a double dog dare......that's just too much!

So here we are. The photo is only going to be up for 24 hours, from noon on Thursday, July 3.

Please keep all sarcastic comments to yourself, unless it's funny!

Have a happy July 4th

David

5 comments:

  1. Let's post this picture on YouTube!!! That way it will live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I have another pix of you at that same establishment. You look like you have indigestion and want to go to sleep! If I could figure out how to send it, I would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My TRUE AND BELOVED BROTHER, the CHICKEN of the familly! Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile since I took the time to read your blog (forgive me), but the photo announcement had me hooked, and it was no disappointment! Thanks for a good laugh. Happy late birthday, and may you have many more chicken fried years!! Tonya, Mike & children

    ReplyDelete